Monday, June 27, 2016

Serving Can Be Fun!

Hello everyone! This week has been way fun. I am learning a new side of missionary work and it is to have fun while you do the work. My new comp has shown that to me. To be a successful missionary, you have to have fun with it or you will just not be successful. We have been so busy this week and it has been super fun! I have been on exchanges this week with a lot of other missionaries and it is going to be the same this week! Last Tuesday, we had the opportunity to help one of the members do a motor swap in an old Tahoe and well we got really greasy and oily so we couldn't ride in our car like that. So we road home shirtless and it was way funny to see some of the looks that we got. I don't think the black people of Syracuse have ever seen a couple of shirtless hillbillies before haha. We got some of the craziest looks ever! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life! 

Then, me and my comp went exploring our area this week and we found some awesome places to go try tracting and best of all to go fishing. I am pumped about that, to go fishing again! I hope I can still catch some fish! This week we also had Zone Conference and it was on the atonement and how we can help others to understand it. The atonement is used in every little peace of the gospel and we really went in deep on this subject. When we can help others use the atonement there is no greater joy than that and I have been able to see it change so many people's live here in such a short little while! I am so grateful for this wonderful gospel and my Savior; Jesus Christ, for his atonement for all of us to be able to be forgiven of no matter what sins we have committed. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and how with the atonement it is the most powerful thing we can share with others. I know that by the power of the Holy Ghost we can come to know for ourselves all things and to be able to testify of it. I love you all and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment